October 30, 2007

Did you feel that?


My sis dictated info for the "Did you feel it?" form. Click the screen grab for a larger view.

So we're on the phone talking about the fires and my sister [up in San Jose] says, "Hey, we're having an earthquake."

Pause.

"It's still shaking."

Pause.

"It's still shaking."

Pause.

"OK, that was big somewhere. I'll call you back, gotta check on the neighbors."

It was a 5.6, and shallow --- just six miles down. The epicenter was maybe ten miles away. A minute before it hit, my sister's pug dropped her toy and sat up with a "What the hell...?" expression. Figures that a Halloween baby like Lily would be in touch with Gaia.

You'll find this terrific earthquake link in the sidebar, though if you're a dyed-in-the-wool Californian you've probably had the local version bookmarked for years. You should be deeply ashamed if you haven't yet completed and submitted the "Did you feel it?" form [assuming that you did, in fact, feel it]. Here's the link. Again. Git 'er done.

Happy Halloween Pugoween birthday to me! I'm three! God, I'm so adorable.

No comments: