May 31, 2009

SB 250: As if California didn't have enough stupid shit to deal with right now

No, this isn't an artist's interpretation of SB 250. This is every sane person's interpretation of SB 250.

I'll cut to the chase: this giant inflatable poo rotten little mess of a mandatory spay/neuter bill could be voted on in the California State Senate as early as Monday, and yes, that's Monday, June 1. This week. Like, right now.

Here's a link to the Save Our Dogs site. Visit the link and then call and fax as if your dogs' lives depended on it, because they might just. Save Our Dogs has all the contact info you'll need.

If you have the time, you can check out my posts on the Dead Dog Act, AB 1634. Yes, the same chuckleheads are behind SB 250.

The when and if of spay neuter should be decided by pet owners and veterinarians, not politicians and dog killers. As Christie says, please act now.
The day I let a politician or animal control officer force me to perform a medical procedure on my dog or cat against my will be a cold day in hell. All my current pets are altered so it’s all hypothetical, but I would never, ever comply with this legislation. I find it profoundly offensive, and if you can find someone who loves animals more than I do, I have no idea who it is. [Christie Keith]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sb250 is taking away another right from us. Soon they will want cattle and sheep sterlized! This will cost the state of California more money and will push AKC out of this state too. They have pushed one big dog show out of California by threatening us with ab1634. That was million of dollars that will not come to San Diego because that show was moved to Florida. Now they get the money we could have had!!! Pretty soon, no one will own dogs or cats like PETA and HSUS's wants. I will feel like I live in China if this bill is passed!