From the ISDS Homepage---
Foot and Mouth: Latest update6 August 2007: a further statement issued at 2pm today.
• The Society announces that, following advice at midday from the Chief Veterinary Officer at the Welsh Assembly, the Welsh National Sheepdog Trials will not take place over 09-11 August at Bonvilston, near Cardiff. It is, however, the Society's intention to run these trials as soon as it safe and proper to do so, probably at the same location and perhaps a fortnight later. At this stage, we would expect to have a clearer picture early next week and news will be announced here.
• The attention is now on the English National Trials scheduled for 16-18 August in North Yorkshire. Hopefully, the information from DEFRA will be sufficient to let us make a safe decision regarding that trial, the third in our series leading to International Trials this coming September.
• The Foot and Mouth alert is most serious and the Society will take all steps necessary to assist in alleviating the current problems.
• Regarding sheepdog trials, we are in discussion with the authorities and awaiting their news on when and where sheepdog trials may safely proceed.
• The Society website will be kept updated with all news as it becomes available.
Details of the Foot and Mouth outbreak from the DEFRA website here.
Many smaller [UK] trials have been cancelled or postponed - see Latest Trials News for details.